Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Balik Kampung!!

I just return from my hometown, Johor yesterday. To be precise, my hometown is Batu Pahat, which is near Pagoh n Muar. Initially i plan to blog on the spot last night, but due to my laziness... ok. But basically my trip there is.. boring. Fortunately my family juz stayed there for 2 days. 2days 1 night. On the way to uncle's hse at BP, we ( my parents n i) stopped at some malay stall by the roadside, to have our meal. Guess wat did i eat ?

Its mee bandung~ unfortunately since im a poor spicy food eater,i vomit everything out after they got into my mouth i just eat part of them to fill my stomach with something to digest.

Being a 2days trip, wat can u expect me to do ? Right, the ans is nothing. Nothing means.. the exact opposite of everything. =.= That night, few of my cousins with their respective dad n mum came over to the uncle's house for 'bai nian' . While the big guys like uncles n aunties at outside on the living room, smaller ppl like me, my cousins n niece or nephew or watever gathered in my uncle's bedroom. At first, only my cousin n i were inside the room because he wanna introduce me to her fav jpop singer, Namie Amuro n her MVs. Too bad they aren't reli my cup of tea. Nami tamaki better XD . As time passes, more n more of the others came into the room.. N.. i couldnt remember the rests already. haha

Thats 1 of my cousin. She was busy telling stories to my other cousins because she claims to be a story-teller, not a student.

Just 1 shot taken from my uncle's house. (n its candid) hahah sorry for dat. I could barely take any pics because nobody else did dat. Later that night, we were expecting some fireworks to soar above the sky but nothing could be heard of. Not like it bothers me anyway.

Ang Pau Ang Pau.. Wats a chinese new year with Ang Pau. I bet some of u gain loads of ang pau money from ur generous uncles n aunts , no? Im not that lucky as u people. I received some of the most disturbing amount of ang pau money ever obtained by a chinese in the whole world. RM74 ( translate into mandarin; go n die ) hahahah... ok. i lied. After using my graphics calculator to sum up the total amount of cash in the ang paus, i believe its roughly RM63 (!!) i received from my aunts n uncles there at Johor. Well i couldnt blame on them because they r not of wealthy or super generous human-beings. I hope they r ikhlas, den sudah cukup.. hehe. Wait RM63 isnt everything yet. Plus RM100 from my parents, RM20 from Ms Mahes n RM50 from Jack's mum, its about RM233 in total so far. Besides my parents, the highest ang pau value obtained is from Jack's mum, which i consider an outsider. Isnt that awkward? Ms Mahes gav me RM20 which i consider quite high already. N she is an outsider too. @.@ Perhaps the conclusion that can be derived is.. the richer ur surrounding people are, the more ang pau money u get. Not neccesarily people closer to us giv us more money, agree?

Watever it is, my trip back to Johor is pretty fruitful. The reason is because my uncle who is a dvd-freak is more than willing to lend me 3 of his cd/dvd back home.


happy happy :D

On the next morning, my parents n i part with them at approximately 12 o'clock without having our lunch there. Grandma was disappointed. Mum doesnt like to stay there long as she just dislike the environment and its accomodity. N the place is real boring. As i leave the place, i know i wont be coming back here for quite some time. Hope everybody will stay healthy n lucky always :)

Before heading back to KL, i request my parents to bring me to our old house at somewhere slightly far away from the uncle's house.

this is the view of my old house at johor. n its also the place where i live for more than 10 years... all the memories.. n nostalgic feelings..

In the car, i took some pics because besides sleeping n listening to my mp3, i have nothing else to do.

Guess wats inside the lovely packing?

Its.. another packing -.- but wats the real thing inside??


.

.

.

hehe i dont want tell because if i juz spill everything out now, it would not be fun anymore.

my fav cookies of all - original butter cookies with cherry topping

cornflake cookies which taste pretty good.

peanut cookies.. no much comment. haha mayb not really my liking.

muruku, my mum's fav n its also one of the best indian's snack.

Oh ya, on the way home, i heard of a news about some woman in Canada(?) or some other european countries managed to deliver 8 babies right after another. Simply amazing. u know, 8 symbolizes fortune for Chinese too. n coincidentally she gave birth on the 1st day of CNY. Cool.

We also dapao some nasi beriani back home somewhere near my old house there. The rice is good, but the bad news is, it causes me to have the sorethroat back !! Zz n dis times, it comes with phlegm. wat a disaster =.=" hope i faster recover !! i hate making repeatative turns to toilet.

This year's CNY is not wonderful. Hope next year's will be better. My gf now is somewhere at Perth now.. n its another 5 days trip just like the 1 in China. If u have been reading my blog, u should know about this. Sigh..luckily by the time im typing all these, she will be back in another 2 or 3 days. Dats a silver lining among the clouds :D

Blog again nxt time. Ciao~

PS : Anyone who is pity of the ang pau money i received, feel free to donate me some money :DD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear..very sorry
Now only give u comment..

Actually,you have told me all the events in johor
Plus..v have discuss abt tis topic oso...
The most special thing in this post is..the pic
Hahaha..
I cant reli see ur cousin's face
But luckily u have gave me see ur cousin's pic in fs
And...the mee bandung look tasty le.
If got chance..next time remember to bring me there oh
(U have to eat the mee bandung ya..haha)
Besides that..the packet of jelly look...I dunno how to describe it..haha
Maybe I should say,the packet of jelly dont reli look like jelly...Lol (Do u understand)
I mean..it's quite different from other,but then as long it's nice..then it's worth it..no nid to care the packing~~~rite???

p/s: dear should pity me more le..i received less ang pau than urs. Now it's turn u give me ur ang pau...hahaha
Ang pai mari mari~~~:)

Anonymous said...

its okay.

ya we already talk about them dy. haha yea coz very difficult to take their pics. friendster would juz do the job. ok ar.. nxt time we go eat the mee bandung together. n i only eat.. if u feed me.. hehehe

the jelly? ya haha the packet doesnt seems like one for containing a jelly inside right? which is y i upload the pic. special abit. haha taste quite good. well.. jelly is always a good dessert. so, yeah can ignore the packet. But the packet is quite stylish too.

dear's ang pau about same as me ma.. we should beg for ang pau from other ppl !! hehee